These are some lessons I learnt recently and thought it would be fun to share them here:
- It is extremely difficult to practise and cultivate a new habit, even if it is a ‘2 minutes per day’ kind of a habit. However, it is not impossible.
- Always think happy thoughts. You are what you think.
- It is a necessity to take rest when down with cold/general illness. Popping some pills and watching telly all day does not always help. Playing Candy Crush doesn’t help either. Getting stuck in one of the levels of Candy Crush for hours is enough of a sign to close the app and sleep. Clearing that level is tomorrow’s motto 😉
- It is never too late to start something new and exciting. Similarly, you are never too old to have fun.
- Not many people realise that you know they are looking at you with their supposedly “sneaky” corner-of-the-eye trick. And it is very difficult to make them realise you do!
- Idle man’s brain is not always a devil’s workshop. It is sometimes necessary to be idle, not do anything and not think anything.
- Knowing how much salt to put in your dish without tasting it is a specialised skill. Mums are usually experts in this skill. When they say that’s enough, stop.
- Everyone around you has problems. May not be the same as your’s but equally challenging. Keeping this in mind helps with relationships with people around you.
- Online shopping is addictive. It is important to strictly close the browser after completing your purchase and not look at the ‘people who bought this also bought these’ suggestions. It is also important to realise that it is not necessary to avail e-v-e-r-y discount coupon that is emailed to you because this is just a gateway to more shopping and more discount coupons! Good time to get a thought bubble over your head which says “Now that’s just silly”.
- There is order in almost all chaos. There is just a varying degree of order from one chaos to the other. Also, there is chaos everywhere and its absolutely ok for it to be there.
My Happy Corner #5 (for background to ‘My Happy Corner: click here):
My happy corner today is that moment where you do the right thing (although not necessarily an easy thing) and then get to see the direct wonderful result of that action. Sometimes, doing the right thing might raise questions of why you need to what you need to do. You just need to believe that it is the right to do and do it. Sooner or later you will look back and smile. But sometimes, you don’t need to wait too long to have that ‘look back and smile’ moment. It happens almost immediately after doing the right thing. I love those moments.